Beatriz’s Favorite Pumpkin Pie
Beatriz's daughter-in-law, Shelley, makes out-of-this-world pumpkin pie. And, we thought it was about time to share this family secret with our favorite customers. Preheat your oven, because today we’re making pie!
For the Pie Crust:
- 1½ cups flour, plus extra for rolling
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 3-4 tablespoons ice water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the dough, combine flour and salt into a medium-sized bowl; cut in chilled butter until it resembles coarse meal.
- One tablespoon at a time, sprinkle ice water into mixture. Work with hands until dough comes together.
- Press dough gently into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- To form the shell, on a floured surface, roll dough until it is two inches larger than the pie pan. Wrap flattened dough around rolling pin and carefully unroll over pie pan.
- Fit the dough firmly into the pie pan and crimp the edges. Pierce dough all over with a fork, then line with foil and fill with dried beans or pie weights.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove foil and dried beans. Set aside and prepare the filling.
For the Pie Filling:
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin, unseasoned
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Increase oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients into a medium-sized bowl, adding the evaporated milk gradually. Mix well.
- Place pie pan on a rimmed baking sheet, then pour pumpkin filling into the pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue baking for 35-40 minutes, or until filling is firm.
- Cool on wire rack to room temperature. About 2 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream (recipe below) on our PEDESTAL Organic Pearl Nova Round Plate.
PEDESTAL Organic Pearl Nova Round Plate
For the Whipped Topping:
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Combine ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Whip the cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Serve as topping and Enjoy!