Barbecue shrimp is a Southern favorite and B’s go-to recipe for treating her out-of-town guests. Quick and easy to prepare, and have ready in a pinch too! Try it out and let us know what you think.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 6lbs large shrimp (heads on)
- 2 sticks of butter
- 3/4 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 3 lemons (about 6 tbsps)
- 2 tsp freshly ground powder
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 2-3 tsp Creole seasoning (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
Instructions for New Orleans Style Barbecue Shrimp
In a large skillet, combine shrimp, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, black peppers, Creole seasoning, and garlic. Cook over moderately high heat until shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute on each side.
Reduce heat to moderate and stir in butter, a few cubes at a time, stirring constantly and adding more only when butter is melted. Remove skillet from heat.
Place shrimp in a bowl and pour sauce over top. Serve in a bowl, such as our Starfish Oval Bowl, with lots of hot French bread to sop up the sauce!