About Our Wood
Our wood collection is a marriage of Beatriz Ballʼs signature metalware and handcrafted wood. Made by artisans in our own woodworking facility, the sand-casted and highly polished gleaming metal offers a dramatic contrast to the handsome and richly textured wood. Our tzalam wood items are made of a tropical wood that is extremely strong and resistant to water and humidity, making it an ideal material for serving and food use. Considered sustainable, the tzalam tree throws seeds as it grows and pollinates the surrounding area. The tree also enriches soil with nitrogen so it plays a very important role in areas where the soil has been damaged or burnt. We ensure that our wood products originate in forests that have been responsibly managed according to strict environmental standards.
- Hand wash with mild detergent and soft cloth and towel dry immediately after washing.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or any cleaning material that can scratch the surface.
- Do not leave water or food standing for extended periods since that may cause staining.
- Do not soak since this will cause warping.
- To preserve the beauty of the surface and nourish the wood apply warm mineral oil periodically, let stand for one hour and then wipe off excess.
- Dry immediately.