Quality That’s Meant to Last
Of heirloom quality, BEATRIZ BALL handmade metalware will not tarnish or lose its shine. It can be used with confidence to heat, chill and safely serve food.
- Made of eco-friendly, 100% recycled aluminum
- Easy care, never tarnish
- Chill or warm foods up to 350 degrees
- Okay for acidic foods
- To prevent stains, do not store food or leave in standing water for long periods of time
- No dishwasher
- As with any metal, do not cut on surface
- Items with a patina are food safe, but we do not recommend for oven use
- Items in our RAVENNA and CATENA Collections are food safe, but we do not recommend for oven use
- For normal cleaning, soap and warm water; towel dry
- For cleaning items in our RAVENNA and CATENA Collections, soap and warm water; do not soak; do not use abrasive materials; towel dry immediately
- For shine pick up, we recommend Maas Metal Polish
- For deeper cleaning, or when pieces have been put into the dishwasher, or when food or water have been left in pieces longer than 4-6 hours, try Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish
Our artisan made CERAMIC Collection celebrates the beauty of kiln-fired earthenware, individually glazed and painted by hand. All firing and hand glazing techniques will necessarily create subtle marks and variations in color and surface texture. THESE ARE NOT FLAWS, but essential aspects of the process that add depth and character while attesting to each piece’s handmade, one-of-a-kind appeal.
- Composed of a durable, food-safe, glazed terra cotta that can be chilled and heated.
- Ovenproof (up to 450º degrees)
- Microwave & freezer safe.
- As with all ceramics, our pieces are fragile and must be treated with care.
- Dishwasher safe, but washing by hand is recommended for larger items.
Our GLASS Collection stemware celebrates age-old glassblowing techniques in sparkling new designs. Each piece is a unique work of art; mouth-blown and hand etched. Our glass contains no lead. No two pieces are exactly alike, and each has its own individual characteristics. Small bubbles and slight variations in color and size ARE NOT FLAWS, but essential and desirable aspects of the process that add depth and character while attesting to each piece’s handmade, one-of-a-kind appeal.
- Clear glass is dishwasher safe in delicate cycle; colored glass must be hand-washed.
- Hand-wash gently in warm water without twisting the stem and bowl in opposite directions. While hand washing hold by the stem in order to avoid stress on the bowl.
- Never use hard bristled scrubbers or brushes since it will scratch the surface.
- Glassware should be stored on its base rather than its bowl, as the bowl is not designed to hold the weight of an individual glass.
Our CUTTING BOARD Collection is a marriage of Beatriz Ball's signature metalware, and handcrafted tzalam wood from our own carpentry shop. Sandcast and highly polished, the gleaming metal offers a dramatic contrast to the richly colored wood of our substantial cutting boards. Ideal for serving your favorite cheeses or charcuterie.
- Hand wash with mild detergent and soft cloth and towel dry immediately after washing.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or any cleaning material that can scratch the surface.
- Do not leave water or food standing for extended periods since that may cause staining.
- Do not soak since this will cause warping.
- To preserve the beauty of the surface and nourish the wood apply warm mineral oil periodically, let stand for one hour and then wipe off excess. Dry immediately.
Tzalam is a tropical wood that grows in the south of Mexico but it also grows in other tropical regions such as Central America, South Florida and the Bahamas.
Tzalam wood is extremly strong and resistant to water, and humidity.
It is a very heavy and dense wood, which means that working using this type of wood is not that simple since it requires a lot of manual labor.
The state of the world's forests today challenges the wisdom of continued dependence on just a few classic wood species. Once-abundant species are in dramatic decline, and dozens of other species are listed as threatened or endangered by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES).
A very important feature of this wood is the fact that during its growing process, the tzalam tree throws seeds around its circumference which allows other tzalam trees to grow in the same area. This is why tzalam wood can be considered as “sustainable”. The tzalam tree plays a very important role in areas where the soil has been damaged or burnt since it enriches the soil with nitrogen.
We ensure that our wood products originate in forests that have been certified as being well-managed according to strict standards of environmental and social responsibility.